Monday, May 12, 2008

Bye-Bye Fingernails! & FS66

I broke two nails on Sunday while doing chores :( That's okay because I was able to do the paper piecing today with relative ease. You are looking at my ode to Jennifer a.k.a. lovetostamp6. I think my favorite part of the card is how she worked in the ribbon on the side. Very cute!

Here are the ingredients for my card. Paper : Barely Banana , Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, Whisper White card stock and striped designer paper from DCWV The Stack III. Ink: StazOn Black. Stamps: Merci and Birthday Whimsy. Ribbon: Random red grosgrain in my ribbon drawer (probably from Michaels), Light Pink organdy ribbon and Scrap Essentials Neutrals self adhesive twill tape. Tools: SAMJ, Paper snips, corner rounder, Glue Dots and Stampin' Dimensionals. (All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted).

Jennifer a.k.a. is the featured stamper on SCS from yesterday. Her creation can be seen below or at http://splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/895811?cat=500&ppuser=68112. Her cards are very sweet and delicate. I tried to imitate that when I made my version. I did follow the rules and changed 2 or more elements of the original card. However, it still looks pretty similar to me.

No comments: