Friday, May 30, 2008

Portmeirion Dusk

Portmeirion Dusk is the name of the pattern of everyday dishes that we use in my household. My husband picked it out when we were registering (good taste, huh!). I have used it as the inspiration for the card I made for SC178.

I started with the focal piece. I used a silver edged vellum square I had just taking up space in my craft room. I can't remember who made it or where I bought it (either JoAnn's or Michael's). I sponged Pale Plum and Perfect Plum ink on the back of the tag. Then I stamped a leaf image from Autumn Leaf Prints in Elegant Eggplant on the tag and then sponged the Eggplant color lightly around the image.

Next, I added a piece of Light Orchid Grosgrain ribbon and a silver brad to cover up the hole in the tag. Then I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and sponged Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst and Pale Plum ink over it. Then, I added the "thanks" sentiment from Autumn Leaf Prints in Lavender Lace ink.

Finally, I took Versamark ink and stamped some of the other leaf images from Autumn Leaf Prints for a background.

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments: