Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pretty Challenge

I completed this card for Color Challenge 168 on Splitcoast. The colors for this weeks challenge are Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I went to bed last night dreaming of the colors and some of my newly acquired stamp sets. I knew that I would attempt to make this one elegant. I like it!

I started with Very Vanilla card base. I rounded the bottom corners with a corner rounder. I trimmed a piece of Sage Shadow card stock to fit across the bottom and then rounded its corners. I stamped the large flourish from Baroque Motifs two times in Sage Shadow ink and then took my ink pad and rubbed it directly onto the paper edges. Then I layered a piece of the Theater Ribbon Originals across the top of the Sage Shadow cardstock.

Next, I stamped the round flourish from Boho Backgrounds on Very Vanilla card stock in Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chips (two times). I punched the Sage Shadow image image out with a scallop punch and again with a 1" circle punch. I punched the Chocolate Chip image out with a 1 3/8" circle punch and then cut out the small center circle with my paper snips. I sponged Sage Shadow ink on the scallop layer and then edged it with a Chocolate Chip marker a bit. Next, I colored the dots with a Chocolate Chip marker on the 1" circle. Then I layered them up from largest to smallest. I finished that stack with a small Vanilla half back pearl from my Pretties kit. I adhered it with a mini glue dot.

I took my circle image and mounted it on Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I used my SAMJ to stamp my sentiment from Hugs & Wishes in Chocolate Chip ink on the Sage Shadow flourish layer.

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: