Thursday, June 26, 2008

Postcard Project

So....I fought with this one for several days. I was responding to the sketch challenge for the Unity Stamp Co. Release Party today. Boy,did I cut it close. When I was all finished uploading to SCS, I had 14 or 15 minutes to spare! Overall, I am pleased. I just don't really like my handwriting so much! It would be tons better if I had my BF Amy write on it or a certain couple of teachers that I know! Anyway, here it is! The part that had me really stuck was the inverted? scallops along the edge of the sketch. It just wasn't working for me. So, I gave up of that and tried to replicate that design in other places. I used a stamp on the corner of my postcard. (Oh yeah, the stamp image was way to big for the size paper that I was working with, so I did a reverse mask technique to get just the corner of the stamp image. Then I had to reverse mask the other two edges to get the scallop-stamp edge on them too!) Then found a ribbon slide with the same design on its edges in my stash! I was super excited when I found it!

Here are the supplies that I used.
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, PC Heritage Post dp
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip (and CC marker), River Rock
Stamps: Carte Postale, Balmy Breezes, Live Your Dream, Wish Postmark by All Night Media
Accessories: MM Ribbon Slide, Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dot
Tools: 3/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, Stampin' Sponges

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: