Thursday, July 3, 2008

Feeling Kind of Crazy

I came up with this card for Kristina Werner's #14 Color Inspiration. I will give this to my DH on his birthday next week. He told me not to write in it and then I could use it as a sample or something else. He would feel guilty throwing it away!! He watched my sketch it last night and was home all day today due to the thunder storms and knows how long I was upstairs in my disaster, I mean, craft room!
The colors that Kristina plucked from this photo montage are Basic Black, Basic Gray and Going Gray. She then added Ruby Red and River Rock as color options for those who wanted/needed them. She added to the challenge by asking for bold, high contrast and sassy submissions.

I don't own any Basic Gray and opted out on the River Rock when I found my theme. Being sassy isn't so much me, but I managed.
I got a little crazy with my image! I wanted lip prints but did not have a stamp. I carefully read the labels of my Versamark and SU Classic Stamp Pads. I said a little prayer that I had read and understood correctly. I then took all of my stuff to the bathroom. I applied my Versamarker first like lipstick and then I applied by Ruby Red marker to my lips. I quickly kissed my card stock twice and placed it in my powder pall. I covered the two prints with clear ep and heated it up with my heat tool. I was surprised at how well it turned out. I had read about how you could emboss with the Classic ink pads, but didn't realize that I would use a body part for my first try. I'll let you know later, if I have a reaction to the inks! Ha Ha!

Here are the specifics:
Paper: Going Gray, Basic Black, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: Versamarker, Basic Black, Ruby Red, Going Gray
Stamps: Whimsical Alphabet Upper, Hugs & Wishes, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Accessories: Clear ep, Sheer Black Ribbon from JoAnn's, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Heat Tool, SAMJ

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: