Sunday, August 17, 2008

One of my all time favorite stamps!

Do you have a stamp set that you just go to when you can't come up with something else? Or one you grab when everything else you try just doesn't look right? The Art of Life is the one I go for! I love this set.


I needed a load of sympathy cards and that was horrible! But I made the best of it - and here is what I came up with. I used the Anni-Verve-Sary sketch #7 and picked my colors to go with the SCS Color Challenge 178 (using the retiring In-Colors and neutrals). It is almost unbearable to me that SU retired River Rock. It is a perfect neutral and so I ordered plenty to sustain me for a while.

No really tricky techniques here. Since the In-Colors aren't available in markers, I used my blender pen to ink up the stems of the flowers in River Rock.

Here are the details of this card:

Stamps: The Art of Life, Brighter Tomorrow
Paper: Very Vanilla, Groovy Guava, River Rock, River Rock dsp
Ink: Groovy Guava, River Rock
Accessories: Very Vanilla Taffeta, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Corner Rounder, Scallop Edge Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen
Techniques: Paper piercing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted

No comments: