Sunday, August 17, 2008

Subtle Fresh Cuts

Another sympathy card, sorry if it bums you out! Maybe just imagine a different sentiment! I made this one for with one of my husband's male cousins in mind. I was going for a card that would be recieved well by a man, thus the distressing.

I used the 9th Anni-Verve-Sary sketch (see it here). I used the SCS Color Challenge 178 (using the retiring In-Colors with a neutral)for my color scheme. I'm pretty sure that Brown is a neutral, don't you think? I added the butterfly, as an afterthought and to qualify my card for the Meet the Verve Divas, Part 5. I might have moved away from my original intention to make it masculine.

One last thought, I used my blender pen to pick up the In-Color ink from the stamp pad lid and then applied it to the Fresh Cut image.

Here are the details for the card:

Stamps: Fresh Cuts, Brighter Tomorrow, Live Your Dream
Paper: River Rock, Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla
Ink: Close to Cocoa, River Rock, Soft Sky
Accessories: MM distressing tool, 1/4" circle punch, stampin' sponges, blender pen, stampin' dimensionals, SU brads, two way glue pen, mini glue dots, paper snips
Techniques: distressing

All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.