Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sydney's Birthday Whimsy!!!

I made this card for my daycare provider's daughter. Several posts back, you can see the birthday invites that she and I worked on together! She's a really sweet girl. I will be sad when she becomes more interested in her own friends than the little girls at daycare. I know that day is coming. Oh well, by then, Sweet Pea will be making friends of her own.

For this card, I started with the Anni-Verve-Sary sketch #3, see here! I struggled with the scalloped piece that looks like the awning! I just couldn't find the right color or look. I ended up just going with a Whisper White piece with Kiwi Kiss ink sponged over the top. I also masked off the cake to make the candles shorter, because the candles on the stamp as it is were too long for the size of square that I wanted to use. It wasn't my favorite, but Sydney is not fussy at all!

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Rose Red, Whisper, White, Kiwi Kiss, Pretty in Pink dsp
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Kiwi Kiss, Only Orange
Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, 1 3/8" square punch, 1 1/4" square punch, pink grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals. stampin' sponge, blender pen, mini glue dots
Techniques: masking, sponging

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: