Thursday, September 25, 2008

More of a call than a challenge

Really, this was driven more by my feelings about the staff that took care of my FIL until he passed. The people who staff these kind of facilities are very special! One special staff member pretty much adopted my FIL, became very close to him and my MIL and spoke eloquently at his funeral.

Of course all of this thought was provoked by a blog post I read on Carolyn King's blog about September 21st being World Alzheimer's Day. She has had some amazing contributions to her blog candy for a superb cause! It is important to check it out!

I started the card with a sketch in mind. I used Beate's Weekend Sketch #58.

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Petal Prints, Holiday Blitz
Paper: River Rock, Basic Black, River Rock dp, Ginger Blossom dp, Very Vanills
Ink: River Rock, Basic Black
Accessories: Black Brads, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing tool, Scallop punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

this is a very nice card! love the black and river rock, great design