Monday, October 13, 2008

Featured Ornament

I just love the way that this card turned out. The seed for this card was a challenge posted by Our Creative Corner to make an other-than-square/rectangle-card. I thought that I would do a circle shaped card and then began paging through the Featured Stamper, Anne Ryan, gallery for this week. I spotted this card and had a great idea! I decided to make my card look like an ornament. I was sure this wasn't an original idea, but I also wasn't CASEing any specific card/sketch. I went to work on the card. I had to use a circle stencil because I don't happen to own any Nestabilities yet! I punched a strip of brushed gold card stock with a scallop edge punch and trimmed the rest of the paper to make it look like the top of an ornament. I embossed the design with gold ep on Versamark. I set an eyelet in the brushed gold card stock and tied some gold cord through it.
I stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card (something I rarely do) with my gold encore pad and called it good! There just wasn't a good place on the front of the card and I like the patter so much that I didn't want to cover it up!

Here are the rest of the specifics for this card:

Stamps: Growing in Unity Tree by Unity Stamp Company, All Year Cheer
Paper: Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold
Ink: Versamark, Encore Gold
Accessories: Gold ep, heat tool, crop-a-dile, gold eyelet, gold cord, scallop edge punch, circle template, paper snips
Techniques: embossing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: