Monday, October 27, 2008

Lots of Work!!!

Do you ever get in a mood where you just have to get it right? Well, I was in one when I made this. It took forever! I fiddle with what to put on each layer, which color to use and what images and embellishments to use and where!

I incorporated 4 different challenges here. First, I used SCS sketch challenge 199. There were two sketches for 199 and I had to decide which one to use. Then came Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #27 to use red or pink as a main color, in combination with the fact that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. On SCS a challenge was issued to incorporate pink into all you cards during the month of October. For the month of October, Verve issued a challenge to emboss! Finally, I worked on a recipe challenge for Unity Challenge Wednesday. The challenge was to use something clear (like a button, acetate/transparency, ghost shape, even Crystal Effects), use some ribbon, and to use something from your latest Unity order.

My embossing is on the largest glittery layer. I stamped the dot background in Versamark, applied Heat & Stick powder and heated. Right away I applied Dazzling Diamonds and reheated to activate my heat and stick powder.

Here are the rest of the details:

Stamps: Short & Sweet, Joyous Snowfall & Distressed Dot background by Unity Stamp Co.
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pirouette Pink, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Pirouette Pink, Versamark
Accessories: Heat & stick powder, heat tool , Dazzling Diamonds, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Pink Organza Ribbon, Offray pink ribbon, mini glue dots, clear button, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch, stampin' sponge, two way glue pen
Techniques: sponging, embossing

All products are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: