Monday, October 20, 2008

Stay Off the Roads!!!

So my nephew is turning 16 on Wednesday and I needed a card to put some gas money in!!! I'm certain that he will be a good driver, but I am supposed to warn everyone. He's a great kid and just represented his class at school as Homecoming Royalty. My poor sister is feeling old!

For this card, I tried to encompass a few challenges. I used a sketch provided by Limelight Papercrafts and the emboss resist technique for Verve's October Challenge to emboss something. Finally, I cased this card from Sunday's Featured Stamper Challenge.

I created my mask first by measuring a cutting a scrap piece of card stock to the same dimensions of the Vanilla card stock I used for my focal images. I then punched the three squares as evenly as I could. I laid down my mask on the Vanilla card stock and adhered it with temporary adhesive. Next I stamped my acorn image in Versamark and embossed with clear ep. Then I sponged the a different color ink over each embossed acorn.

I was planning on putting brads under the More Mustard strip of card stock to set off the sentiment. I just couldn't put them through the Vanilla to show on the inside. I know my nephew wouldn't card, but I would. So instead, I grabbed my mat pack and colored in three circles with my blender pen and an ink pad.

Here are the specifics on this card:

Stamps: Birthday Whimsy, Acorn stamp by Unity Stamp Company
Paper: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa dp, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Versamark
Accessories: Clear ep, 1 1/4" square punch, heat tool, mat pack, MM distressing tool, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: Masking, emboss resist, distressing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are not mediocre. That is wonderful!