Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trying a New Technique

Julee Tilman of Verve Stamps put forward a challenge through Our Creative Corner to try the Vintage Values technique. I didn't get time to actually try the technique before the timeline ran out on the challenge, but I still completed it anyway. I have been looking to improve my skills with a sponge!

This is a pretty simple card. I provided a link to the sponging technique and I couldn't write it up better than it is. The only other "trick" on the card is the clear rhinestones (you know, the ones that look like faux diamonds) that I colored black with a Sharpie!


Stamps: The Art of Life, All Night Media Anna Griffin Sentiments
Paper: River Rock, Basic Black, Provo Craft Heritage Post dp
Ink: River Rock, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories: me & my big idea rhinestone singles, black sharpie, Theater Ribbon Originals
Techniques: Vintage Values, sponging

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty and elegant!

Anonymous said...

very natural. Natural is a good thing

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, my, this is sooo beautiful!!! I love the soft elegant look...so serene!!!