Sunday, December 21, 2008

I made this gift card holder for one of my daycare provider's daughter's birthday party. I made it because I didn't have any time to go shopping for a gift as we had had tons of snow! As it turns out, we didn't make it to the party because Sweet Pea was CRABBY after missing her nap due to sledding with DH!
So I followed a video tutorial that I had seen Jennifer McGuire do on the Hero Arts blog. I couldn't locate it on that blog, but did find it on her blog (here).
This second shot is what it looks like when you open it up! The gift card slips behind the circle that says "...and many more!". It was super easy. All I had to do was two score lines, three folds and one little cut with a craft knife! It was fast too, so it qualifies for the Ways to Use it Challenge # 197 on SCS!

Here are the details for this card:
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Pixie Pink, Whisper White, BG Urban Prairie
Ink: Pixie Pink
Accessories: 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" circle punches, Scallop circle punch, thin satin ribbon (JoAnn's), stampin' dimensionals, ticket corner punch

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love the bright, happy colors. Looks like something from a little Sweet Pea :-)

Terri said...

Cute card. I like the bright colors too. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Thanks for the sweet comment you left too.

Lorie said...

That is lovely! Thank you for stopping by my blog! Good luck winning a stamp set tonight at the release party!