Monday, January 5, 2009

Sew...what?

One day, I will get to my sewing machine and I will further develop my card making craft. It's embarrassing for me to say that I have a machine and I just can't use it because my craft room is a disaster. It's worse than that...it's....I don't know what!
I am still on a challenge roll - three challenges in this one little card! My MIL came over when this one was sitting on the computer desk after I posted it on SCS and she loved it! She couldn't get over it! Now you know how good that feels (my chest puffs up just thinking about it). On to the challenges! I used two SCS challenges, Color Challenge 199 (So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy & Handsome Hunter) and Sketch Challenge 209. The third challenge was another Gina K challenge that she named Sew-Long 2008!

When I posted this on SCS, I forgot to mention that I used my Big Shot to cut the petals and leaves out of the felt. I used the Birds and Blooms dies. The photo does not show it, but the white flower has three layers of felt. You can imagine where the flowers are if you look at my stitching!

BTW - I hated the color combination until I started working with it. I just didn't think those colors were going to work well. Even now, they make me think of a stop light!

Wanna know what I used?
Stamps: Thank You Kindly, Heartfelt Thanks
Paper: Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron dp
Ink: Handsome Hunter
Accessories: white felt, green felt, burgundy thread, saffron thread, needle, paper piercer, stampin' dimensionals, Big Shot, Birds and Blooms dies
Techniques: sewing
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 3 (hand stitching took time!)

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: