Saturday, March 7, 2009

Did you play along with VSN?

VSN stands for Virtual Stamp Night. Well, it's really a two day event with some extra time to play along, in case you have something else going on. A ton of challenges are posted, one per hour, and you have 45 minutes to make a card that meets the requirements of the challenge. You can find out all about it here in the VSN forum on SCS.

I think I did 7 cards for this past VSN, my first ever. The second, third and fourth Viva La Verve sketches from my last post were also VSN challenges. I'll explain a little about each card as we go.

This card fulfilled the challenge to make a card inspired by the movie, "The Princess Bride". The quote I chose was about trees, so I used a Unity stamp and some great dp given to me by Jennifer Buck to paper piece my trees.






This card was a card made to fulfill the challenge of resurrecting a "long lost love". You know a stamp that you own and just love, but has been collecting dust as of late! More paper from Jen here and some ribbon left over from my wedding that was over 7 years ago! Oh and Beate's weekend sketch is back and I used WSC69 to flesh out this challenge.






This card fit the challenge requirements to be a card that a man would send. I saw this card made by Gina K that I cased for this card.











Finally, this card met the challenge of using feathers or a feather to "Tickle Your Fancy"! I harvested this glittery feather off a corsage that I wore at a wedding last summer. It was too pretty to discard. I like it here!

Again, another long post, so I left you links to my SCS gallery to get the specifics about each card.

All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: