Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hip Hop Thursday with Unity!

It's almost here again, so I figured I had better post my cards that I made for last week's SCS sponsored challenges and the two Hip Hop challenges. This is my Featured Stamper card casing Beate!!! I chose this card that Beate made to case for the challenge. I have had this color combination in my mind for some time. I had huge plans for a metallic gold ribbon that I was sure that I had. Alas, it was nowhere to be found in my craft room. Now that I think about it, I probably used the last of it at Christmas time. Oh well, I jazzed it up with some dew drops that Jennifer Buck sent to me. Cute stuff, huh? I tell you, that woman is so sweet! I would love to meet her in person!

This next card is one I made for the CAS challenge that is relatively new to SCS. This particular challenge was to use punches on your card. I used some punches and miniaturized this sketch from Stamps and Smiles. I thought it was pretty good idea and apparently some other stampers thought it was pretty creative too! I tried to break away from my white kick and busted out some River Rock card stock for the base of this one. I am please with my result. Oh and this will be the first of three cards on this post that uses the Linden Branch stamp. I won it a few weeks ago and just received it and I love it. It's really quite versatile!


Here's card number two with the Linden Branch. This card is for the Color Challenge from last week on SCS. I also participated the the Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge and cased one of their Design Team member, Laurie Schmidlin. I chose this card that Laurie made to case. I embossed the Linden Branch with white embossing powder and colored on the back side of the vellum with my markers, or blender pen and In-Color stamp pads. Embossing is the highlighted technique for this week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge.



These last two cards are from challenges that from Hip Hop Thursday. Prizes are offered for winners of these challenges and sometimes they are featured on the Unity Blog! This challenge was to purple, black and white on a card. I cased another card by Beate for this one! Jeanne posted the Hip Hop Thursday challenges a little earlier, so I could actually participate. She posted them on Wednesday evening. Hooray!
Third and final card using the Linden Branch here! This was for the second Unity challenge last Thursday, "Unity Thinks Spring"! I also used a Mojo Monday sketch to flesh this one out. Do you know how hard it is to get a rhinestone brad through a knotted ribbon! I could have cried. SU's ice circle rhinestone's brad tails (I know their is a technical name for these things, but I can't recall it now)are rounded so they won't poke through. I also used wide organdy ribbon increasing the bulk of my knot. Plus, piercing ribbon is just a hassle anyway. I must have fooled around with that ribbon and brad for 15 minutes anyway. I wanted to scream and just ended up placing the brad around the knot and through the card!

Here are the deets:

Guava thanks card -
Stamps: Tree of Elegance (Unity), Sentiments O'Simple (Unity)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Groovy Guave, Brushed Gold, Watercolor Paper, Afternoon Tea dp
Ink: Versamark, Groovy Guava
Accessories: gold ep, heat tool, dew drops, MS butterfly punch, gold gel pen, mat pack, piercing tool, mini glue dots
Techniques: embossing, paper piercing

CAS thanks card -
Stamps: Linden branch (Unity), Sentiments O'Simple (Unity)
Paper: River Rock, Whisper White, Old Olive, Haiku dp
Ink: River Rock, Old Olive
Accessories: 1 3/8" square punch, 1 1/4" square punch, 3/4" circle punch, stampin' dimensionals, stampin' sponge
Techniques: clean and simple

Linden Branch vellum card -
Stamps: Linden Branch (unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Vellum
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Craft White
Accessories: White ep, Kaisercraft Rose pearls, pink organdy ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, scallop edge punch, corner rounder
Techniques: heat embossing

Celebrate card -
Stamps: Sentiments O' Simple (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Black Linen dp, PC Heritage Post
Ink: Perfect Plum
Accessories: Corner rounder, M's self adhesive rhinestones, Offray black polka dot ribbon, scallop edge punch

Amethyst hello card -
Stamps: Linden Branch (Unity), Tiny Trinity (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, DCWV dp
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Old Olive
Accessories: Black organdy ribbon, scallop edge punch, ice circle rhinestone brads

All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: