Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Two I Gave Away!

I made this card for my friend, Lesa, for her birthday. She's the same age as my sister. That reminds me, my sister's birthday is just 4 days away. For Lesa's card, I used a sketch from Viva La Verve April sketches. The twist with this sketch is to use a sentiment only! I used colors from Stamp Something challenge this week. I dressed up the card with some of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles that I received for winning a sketch challenge from my friend Shannon's birthday card!
I made this card with a sketch from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #63(sorry, I couldn't get the exact post to link). A co-worker requested a masculine card to give to her father on her parents wedding anniversary. Her mother recently passed and she knows that her father will have a difficult day and she just wanted something to let him know that she cares about him. The photo doesn't show it very well, but the sentiment is stamped in the bottom right hand corner and says "just because". She thought that this card would work well!


Here are the details for my cards:

Birthday card -
Stamps: Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, PC Rob & Bob Studio
Ink: Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Sakura Clear Star gel pen, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Joann's white thin satin ribbon, glue dot, scallop edge punch, liquid glue pen, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles

Sailboat card -
Stamps: Winds of Grace (SU), Fluttering By (Verve)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Patterns Pack dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Twill Tape, Hemp Twine, glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals


All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: