Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Verve Sketch, Wahoo!

I made this card for the Verve April Release Sketch Challenge #1. I usually find her sketches really easy to work with, but I have to tell you that these release challenges have been tougher for me. I think it is just that I am tired and my mojo is running low!

I decided to incorporate some tricks or techniques I have seen out in blogland. For my circular sentiment image, I left my Nestie die in place and sponged Pretty In Pink ink to create the illusion of a white mat around the outside of the "pink circle". I like how it turned out. I also stamped my flowers twice, colored them with a blender pen, painted them with Shimmerz and popped them up for effect.

I couldn't figure out what to do with the two rectangles and brads in the original sketch, so I opted to create two ribbon tabs instead. I think it looks nice even if it isn't strictly from the sketch.

I can't get enough of Floral Symphony and this time I used the Flowers of Tomorrow Plain Jane! Beside the sentiments in Floral Symphony, this is a perfect accompaniment to that set! Check out the rest of Verve' amazing stamps here!
Hopefully I will have time to do that final sketch and post it for you tomorrow!

Here are the details with regard to this card -

Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve), Flowers of Tomorrow (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Raspberry Tart
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Nestabilities, stampin' sponge, blender pen, stampin' dimensionals, white grosgrain ribbon, Angel Wings Shimmerz
Technique: sponging

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise listed.

No comments: