Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Can you see me now?

Yep, you can because I was the winner (okay, it was random)of Limelight Papercraft's Six Chick Sketch Challenge!!! Mandy always throws a product twist in with the challenge and this week the twist was to use metallic elements on your card. How is 28 silver half-back pearls for a metallic element? I strayed a little from the sketch. Instead of two accent elements in the bottom left hand portion of the circle, I ran my black grosgrain ribbon across that point of the circle! All in all, it was a fun sketch!
This card is a triple challenge card! I used the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge sketch, the colors from Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration 48, and participated in the Hero Arts Challenge to create a one-layer card! This card had some serious masking and reverse masking! I thought it through and then wrote it down step by step. Then I tried it, goofed it up and did it once more! I like how it turned out. Next time, I will either use markers or blender pens, but not both. I think I like the lower intensity blender pen coloring best. One last comment, I went over the sprinkles on the cupcake with a white gel pen to make them stand out from the chocolate frosting!

Here are the specifics for each card:

Circle card -
Stamps: Thinking of You Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper: Whisper White, BG Scarlet's Letter, Basic Gray
Ink: Going Gray, Basic Black
Accessories: Silver self adhesive pearl, black grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, Nestabilities, Silver Sharpie

Cupcake card -
Stamps: Clear Cupcakes (Hero Arts), Jubilee Dots (Hero Arts)
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: blender pen, stampin' sponge, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1 /4" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, M's brown satin ribbon, mini glue dot, white gel pen
Techniques: masking, reverse masking

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

way cute! I especially love the circle card and the use of lots of silver pearls!