Monday, April 13, 2009

Mojo 81

Here is the card that I had planned to make for Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday #81. I had great intentions and zero energy after all the Easter festivities. So there the sketch and my measurements and color and stamps choices sat, all mapped out. Until, I read about Julee's plans for the April Release party! Woohoo, has she got some great stuff planned!

I wish I had not rushed through this card, otherwise I would have backed my two large panels with another layer of Taken with Teal card stock. I really like how it looks with the Bloom & Grow paper from My Mind's Eye! I followed Julee's sketch literally until it came to the ribbon suggestion for up top, then I just went with another row of M's bling that I colored with a green Sharpie! For my image, I used Floral Symphony and my sentiment is from Circular Sayings. Both of these I picked up after last months release party! I just love Verve stamps, I get a great image every time regardless of what kind of ink I use. I don't find that to be true of every clear stamp! You simply must check Verve out!

Here are the details for my card -

Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve), Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss, Taken With Teal, Tangerine Tango, Bloom & Grow (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Taken With Teal, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Aquapainter, M's self adhesive rhinestones, Green Sharpie, Scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch
Techniques: Water coloring

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color combo.

de said...

Gosh I love all your cards! If I had time, I'd leave a comment on each one! Love your designs... very elegant and detailed!