Friday, May 8, 2009

Birthday Cards!

My little sister just turned "36" and I'm pretty sure that her age doesn't bother her half as much as the fact that she has teenagers!!! Her two boys make ME feel old. I can remember when they were just teeny tiny! Anyway, I wanted to make her a card for her birthday because I wasn't going to be able to see her on her birthday. I got the card done and in the mail in time for it to arrive ON her birthday! She shoots, she scores. (I should also add that I used a Taylored Expression sketch and included a Hero Arts challenge).

This second card I did as part of the Limelight Papercrafts sketch and product challenge. The product focus this time around was on rub-ons! The rub-on worked amazingly on the black linen specialty paper from SU! This card was so fast that I felt like I had cheated! I started off making it for my sister. When I was finished I felt like it was more appropriate for my girlfriend who is turning "40" next month. I will only give it to her if she is feeling okay about turning "40". I want her to like the card, not resent it!

Here are the specifics:

Cupcake birthday -
Stamps: Clear Designs Cupcakes (Hero Arts) Tiny Jubilee Dots (Hero Arts)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Print pack dsp
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Regal Rose
Accessories: Aquapainter, Fire circle brads, pretties kit, tag, glue dots, red glitter glue
Techniques: water coloring

Black and White birthday -
Paper: Whisper White, Black Linen, Basic Black
Accessories: Eastern Elegance rub-ons, MAMBI self-adhesive rhinestones, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, M's black satin ribbon, M's white organdy
Techniques: rub-ons

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: