Saturday, May 2, 2009

I {heart} Verve in April

There were five sketches in April and they were sooooo hard. You can see my card from the first sketch here. This card you see next to the text is the second sketch for the month of April and its twist was to use background stamps. Of course, I don't have any Verve background stamps. I did the best I could with my SU! stamps. I picked Itty Bitty Backgrounds to hopefully work with the polka dots in the Verve butterfly! I'm also particularly proud of my ruffled ribbon at the top of my card. It's good for a first attempt, but it will be better once I get up the courage to figure out my sewing machine! I'm a big CHICKEN!!!


This is my card for the third sketch of the month. Its twist was a color challenge of Baja Breeze, Summer Sun and More Mustard. This sketch wasn't as tough as the last, but the colors were. I threw in two neutrals, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip to even make it work for me! I was really caught off guard when my hubby liked this one! I think he liked the flowers, I'm not really sure? I added the paper piercing to liven up that layer and add a little interest. Whisper White can be quite boring (yawn)! I also added those dew drops (from Jennifer Buck) to include a bit more of the yellow.



Okay, this is the fourth sketch and Amber took it easier on us with this one! It's twist was to create your own designer paper. I was stumped. I already admitted to having no Verve background stamps, so then I looked to the sets I had to find something to create a dp with and nothing was doing it for me! So I busted out some of my new Flourishes stamps. This background stamp is called Vintage Wallpaper. My husband said, "That's a Grandma card!". I told him the name of the set and we both laughed. He is right, but I still can't help liking the stamp!
This is the fifth and final sketch for April. Its twist was a twist of "spring"! Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. I went to a dp/color combination that I have been loving lately. I don't know what I will do when I run of the dp, it's not like you can just buy single sheets from SU! Anyway, I had a good time with this one! The Tulip Festival was going on while I made this one. So I stamped the sentiment, the tulip head and then free handed the stem and leaf. Sorry for the blurry picture!


Here are the details:

Butterfly card -
Stamps: Fluttering By (Verve), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU)
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Pink organdy ribbon, corner rounder, Angel Wings Shimmerz, Sakura Clear Star gel pen

Birthday wishes -
Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve), Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Ski Slope dp
Ink: Timber Brown StazOn, Summer Sun, More Mustard
Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, mat pack, paper piercing tool, dew drops, Dandelion Sharpie, stampin' dimensionals, glue dots
Techniques: paper piercing

Thanks card -
Stamps: Thanks (Verve), Vintage Wallpaper (Flourishes)
Paper: Groovy Guava, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Versamark, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: white taffeta ribbon, glue dots, pretties kit, Kaisercraft pearls, corner rounder, white ep,heat tool
Techniques: embossing

Bloom card -
Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Raspberry Tart dp
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Nestabilities, white taffeta ribbon, M's self adhesive pearls, stampin' dimensionals

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Very pretty! I love the color combos on the first two especially.