Tuesday, May 19, 2009

VSN Is Over:(

Every VSN has a kid's challenge, I think. I have only participated in a few VSN's and Sweet Pea has played two times with me. I let her get a little more active in creating this card. She really enjoyed it and yesterday she wanted to stamp again. Crazy!!







This little challenge from VSN was called Late Night Snack With Elvis. The colors were drawn from his favorite snack and the card also had to include music somewhere. His favorite snack was Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches so the colors were Barely Banana/So Saffron, Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa! I had a hard time getting the yellow to show. I sponged it in the center of the oval. To make up for that I made sure to color my rhinestones with my Dandelion Sharpie.
I got the sketch from the ladies at Our Creative Corner. When you only have 45 minutes to crank out a card, you have to use all the tools at your disposal. Sketches are a total time saver.




This card was made for the challenge called Hitting the Tables. It ended up being a color challenge to include only red, black and white! The hostess was adamant about using only those three colors, so I was careful to do just that. I like the way my card turned out and, in fact, it netted me a new Unity stamp this week. Woohoo! More Unity on the way!
Another sketch here, this time from Stamps and Smiles.








This card was made for the VSN challenge, Non-traditional Wedding. The trick here was to create a wedding card with bold bright colors. The hostess wanted quirky and out of the box as opposed to the more traditional kind of simple, elegant wedding card! This was very hard for me as most of the time I am pretty rule based! Tradition dictates simple and elegant!
This next set of cards is for the VSN challenge called Double Down. The task was to create two of the same cards and make it fun. The hostess offered up some prompts and said that "relax" was an appropriate sentiment. I just happened to have the very same sentiment that she sampled and I figured, why not? This challenge helped me to learn that I can make cards quick. I made two in less than 45 minutes here!
This card was made for a challenge called Lucky Number 7 and the task was to use 7 of something. I used 7 rhinestones for the center of my flowers. I also only inked up a portion of my stamp to include 7 flowers. The stamp normally has 9 flowers. I also tried to used 7 inches of ribbon, but it just wasn't enough for me to make a knot in the ribbon. I came up with my colors via Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite color challenge. I borrowed the sketch from the Stamps and Smiles blog in order to save time!





Apparently, I like this layout. It is in three of my VSN cards! This card is from a challenge called Card Buffet. The challenge was to be inspired by some food or non-alcoholic beverage. I chose cupcakes. Who doesn't like cupcakes? Plus, Sweet Pea loves them and they are all the rage at the moment!
Another thing I re-learned at VSN is don't try to learn a new technique and get a card done in 45 minutes. It is especially important not to do this when you need your card to be presentable at a baby shower is a little over an hour! What a goofball I can be sometimes! This challenge was called CSI: Las Vegas and the task was to use a frame on your card.

Too many details to list, so I will refer you to my SCS gallery for more information about actual products used.

No comments: