Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fit for Royalty

Flourishes offered up a challenge for crafters to create a card "Fit for Royalty". So I had a try at it! I went for elegance because that is what Flourishes stamps remind me of. Black and white is almost always an elegant combination. I used some new Making Memories Wedding paper and my Brushed Silver card stock. I wanted to use a precious metal color and went with silver, simply because I prefer it to gold. I added pearls, both silver and black and used a luxurious satin ribbon.
Because I used lots of black, I didn't have too much room for a sentiment. I solved this problem by using a rub-on on my ribbon. I made it a birthday card to celebrate Stamp Simply's 100th challenge.

Here are the details:

Stamps: Thinking of You (Flourishes)
Paper: Basic Black, Brushed Silver, Whisper White, MM Wedding dp
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Nestabilities, Scallop Edge punch, M's white satin ribbon, M's black pearls, M's silver pearls, Chit Chat rub-ons

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

ETA: Check this out! I won, based on merit, not just random drawing!!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats on the win.....beautiful card...very elegant, I see why you won...stunning!

Leslie Miller said...

Good heavens, this is fabulous! Understated elegance at its very finest. Love the black and white. Congratulations on your win!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Congratulations!! :) I agree with both Diane & leslie, your card is stunning!!

Hugs, Jennifer :)