Monday, August 24, 2009

Limelight Papercraft's FUN sketch challenge

Mandy, the owner at Limelight Papercrafts, hostesses a sketch challenge every other Thursday. She adds a fun element to the challenge by asking participants to use a particular product. The product focus this week was stickers. I had been to the dollar store earlier in the week for padded mailing envelopes when some scrapbooking stickers caught my eye! The stickers had a couple of the new In-colors on them. Lucky for me, they worked into this week's sketch!

This card fell together pretty easily. I was gone all weekend and really needed it to do that. There is absolutely no stamping on this baby! The three circles in the sketch are represented by the stickers. I had to back the green flower myself with a white scalloped circle I cut out with my Nesties. Other than that, I scalloped the bottom edge, tied on some white grosgrain, rubbed-on my sentiment and added some dew drops to the top left hand corner. Incidentally, I had to add a third dew drop to make it look complete to me!

Here are the details of my card:

Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: $ store sticker, dew drops, glue dots, white grosgrain ribbon, Chit-chat rub-ons, scallop edge punch, stampin' dimensionals, Nestabilities

All products listed are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: