Monday, November 2, 2009

Have you ever wanted to be part of a design team?

Well, I have wanted to be try my hand at working on a design team for some time.  Mandy from Limelight Papercrafts put out a call for new design team members a little more than a week ago.  I decided to give it a try.  I am sure that Mandy will get tons of fabulous applicants and she will chose an amazing design team.  I am eager to see what comes from my application.  For the application process, Mandy asked to see pieces of work that applicants consider to be their best.  I offered this gift card holder and matching card as my gift project.


In addition to the gift project, I submitted pictures on three cards that I really love.  This card I made following a sketch by Julee Tilman.  This card include some fun Limelight products as well!  The designer paper you see here is October Afternoon Ducks in a Row and Cherry Hill.  I embellished this lovely with some Spring Bloom dew drops





I made this fun card as part of a VSN challenge a couple weeks ago. The challenge was to create "a mask" that enhances your focal image! I had tons of fun with a swirly wheel and some white ink on acetate. The only way I could think to hold my acetate on to my main image panel is with those cutesy little Bazzill mini brads from Limelight!
Finally, I made this card for a Unity Bachelor Bro Challenge.  The task here was to include both plaid and polka dots on the same card.  Yikes, I opted for a very subtle plaid and tried to make it work for me.  Since I was going for subtle I grabbed a sentiment from Unity's Sentiments O'Simple and some fabby October Afternoon paper.  How can you not love that paper?
Sooo....Mandy will be announcing her next design team on Saturday, November 7th on her blog.  Will you keep your fingers crossed for me?  Thanks, I truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great projects! I wish you all the best with your DT application. I especially liked the Christmas tree and acetate card. Thanks also for stopping by my blog!

Mandy said...

These are FANTASTIC, through-the-roof projects! :) Love your work!!