Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sooo Not My Colors


And I adore how this turned out!  Maybe I should entertain using a little more YoYo Yellow?  That would be a huge hurdle for me.  This card was for the Limelight Papercraft sketch challenge that involved rhinestones.  I also  made this card work for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge involving chipboard.  The card began with that adorable bird from my June Bug chipboard stickers.  I took the colors from the bird and found a dp in my stash that matched the polka dot section in the birds wings.  I used my corner rounder sans guard to make the wider scallops at the bottom.  I finished it off a rub-on sentiment at bottom of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Paper: Whisper White, YoYo Yellow, Night & Day specialty; Accessories: June Bug chipboard, scor-tape, red grosgrain, scallop edge punch, corner punch, M's self-adhesive rhinestones, stampin' dimensionals, Chit Chat rub-ons.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

That card's great! I like how the bird just jumps right off the page because of the yellow. (so not my colours either, but it works!)