Friday, May 28, 2010

Summertime Hibiscus

I have had this hibiscus punch for ages and it is severely underused!  So when I saw the CAS challenge for this week was to make a summer-themed card, the punch popped into my mind.  Of course, this was the second challenge of the Summer CAS DT application. 

So I punched out and colored up my hibiscus parts.  I mounted them on a 1/2" vellum circle with flowers on top and leaves on the bottom.  I opted for a small strip of patterned paper that wouldn't compete with my flower and a simple sentiment.  Why did I distress the edges of the Olive mat?  Well, I either didn't get my patterned paper laid on there straight or I cut it crooked.  I distress to distract from that!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Blush Blossom, Barely Banana, Holiday Treasures dp, vellum; Ink: Versamark pen, Groovy Guava, Sakura Clear Star gel pen; Accessories: Two step bird punch, Hibiscus punch, Chit Chat rub-ons, glue dots.

No comments: