Monday, January 10, 2011

Polkas and Poppies

I can't believe that I found this random ribbon in my craft room that totally matches SU's Poppy Parade.  What luck!  Then, I was inspired to get to work on a couple of challenges that I had been thinking of.  The sketch and the ribbon are for the Limelight Papercraft's sketch challenge.  The polka dots are for the Technique Tuesday Polka Dotty Dots challenge to use, obviously, polka dots! 

I had fun with this one!  I used my mini brayer to cover up those embossed polka dots with white craft ink.  Then I heat set it  because I was feeling kind of impatient.  I remembered to use a light touch until I got to the right edge.  Oops, I guess my learning curve is showing.  Oh well, I never claimed to be perfect.  I really liked this and you can bet I will be doing it again for sure!

I'm not exactly sure what the day holds for me.  One of our dogs is sick and we are taking him to the vet today.  I just have a feeling that it is going to be something really bad.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Just Believe; Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Kraft; Ink: Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake, Craft White; Accessories: 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 1/4" square punch, stampin' dimensionals, Offray poppy ribbon, white wrinkled ribbon, Seeing Spots ef, mini brayer.

No comments: