Saturday, January 1, 2011

Warm Wishes for the New Year

I played along with today's Inspiration Challenge to come up my card.  The inspiration piece was a basket with a couple of balls of yarn in it.  I immediately thought of this set which I have had for ages!  No wonder I could not part with it. 

I had many interruptions today while I was trying to make this card but I finally finished.  I am please with the result and even more pleased with my resulting color combination.  I am not a big blue person, but this is really working for me!

It's a peaceful day at my home today with no real pressure to do anything.  There are many chores to do, but there are always chores to do.  I read this morning that "what you spend New Years day doing is how you'll spend your whole year".  It sounds like something my grandmother would say.  If that is the case then I will make sure today is filled with peace and quiet!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!

Details - Stamps: Basket Full of Fun, Canvas; Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Thoroughly Modern dsp; Ink: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel, StazOn Timber Brown; Accessories: Nestabilities, corner chomper, white gel pen, linen thread, random button, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals; Techniques: sponging, faux stitching.

1 comment:

Piroska said...

I like it!happy new year!