Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Colors

Rarely, do I stray from tried and true colors for me.  I did this time and couldn't be happier.  I used an SU color tool to decide my colors and I absolutely love this.  I really love Sahara Sand for all of its softness.  I softened it even more by brayering white over the top and heat setting it!  I'm going to do that again soon!

This little darling netted me a new GKD stamp set, which I promise to preview soon.  This card used the sketch from Stamp TV's Sketch Spotlight Challenge number 15.  Lucky for me or lucky that I used a GKD set, my name was drawn. 

My plan is to play along a little more with Stamp TV challenges as I am accumulating a larger GKD collection!

Today was a fun family evening.  After work, I picked up my daughter and ran about 5 errands.  We raced home to pick up hubby and head out for dinner.  It's a treat when we get to eat out, even if it is Burger King!  We didn't tell my 4 year old and she was thrilled.  We tempted her even further by saying if she did a good job eating all her dinner and using her table manners we would take her to another surprise.  She did it and we attended preschool math night at a local church.  What fun!  I swear my daughter is the golden child.  She won a load of Teddy Grahams at the estimation station for guessing there were 155 teddies in the jar when the real count was 153.  She was so excited!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Fun Year Round (GKD); Paper: Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, Sahara Sand; Ink: White Craft ink, Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgundy; Accessories: Leafy Branch ef, baby brayer, pink satin ribbon, M's self adhesive pearls, stampin' dimensionals, glue dot.

2 comments:

Veronica Z said...

Thank you for coming by to visit my blog! This card is very pretty! I love the color combo you used!

Michelle Single said...

Love this, Toni! In my favs to do the white over sahara sand myself... Awesome!