Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chloe's Easter Flowers

I just got some new Verve and couldn't wait to play with them!  I decided to use Sarah's sketch from her birthday and blogoversary hop for this card! 

I had to alter the sketch a bit to get it to work for me.  It originally called for three circles on either side of the sentiment panel.  When I opted to use the flowers in the circle place, I ran out of room for three and only used two.

I embossed Chloe's flowers in white and then applied a little gold smooch in the center of each flower.  Since I embossed six, I went ahead and cut a fifth one out and popped it up on Chloe's head.  After I finished the card, it looked a little plain so I added the faux stitching all around!

It's Saturday and around these parts that means chores and fun and chores and fun and chores and fun!  Right now we are having fun because hubby has a friend over fixing our ice machine!  I get to entertain his son.  You know, swapping some services!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Chicks Rule (Verve), Egg-stra Special (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Rob and Bob studios dp; Ink: Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, Versamark; Accessories: WCC, blender pen, white ep, heat tool, gold lame smooch, paper snips, white grosgrain, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dot.

No comments: