Friday, July 29, 2011

I Used It Yesterday!

That's right!  Yesterday was the Ways To Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers!  Our fabulous hostess was Collette and she challenged folks to alter ribbon!  I knew right away that I wanted to alter some twill.  So I got out my super-ultra wide twill and my watercolor crayons and a favorite set!  I colored up my flower, wet my ribbon and my stamped and bingo, a vibrant image!  Then I trimmed up my twill and secured it with some scor-tape and eyelets.  Then I set to fraying the ends!  I love how it turned out.  The really bizarre thing for me is that I didn't add a sentiment.  Oh well!  In other news, today is the VSN mini and I am so excited it for it.  I will hostess one of the six challenges tonight.  We are starting at 5 PM EST and I do hope that you can join us!  Here is a link to the main forum for VSN.  See you there!
Details - Stamps: French Script, The Art of Life; Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive; Ink: Old Olive, Tea Stain; Accessories: WCC, twill tape, sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals.

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I luv it...hope you are well....have a fantastic weekend!

enjoy *~*

GramCandy said...

Glad I came to your blog to see this. I can see the twill so much better and love the effect. Great card.

farmhouse-story said...

this is just SO pretty, toni:)-love it!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful. I love the texture of the canvas. :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the colours.