Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Using Doilies

It's my turn to host the Ways To Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  I have chosen doilies and I am hoping that folks can play along and will enjoy themselves.  Even though I got some new doily stamps from Mr. Brown, I whipped out my paper doily for this one.  I used the first Viva La Verve sketch for July, hostessed by Amber.  I love that the doily lets you peek through it for a little more of that cute October Afternoon pattern.  I am really digging blues and pinks/reds together, so this worked for me.
   
Today is my hubby's birthday, so I won't chit-chat too much.  I have to pick up some ingredients from the store for his "turtle" birthday cake (think about the candy) and his special dinner request.  My daughter is more excited about hanging streamers and balloons.  Then there is the dilemma of what to get the man.  I just bought him a Weber barbecue last week.  I'm thinking that is the big gift and now I just need to have something in hand to give him today. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day.

Details  - Stamps: Text Objects, Sweet Treats (Verve); Paper:Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Welcome Neighbor dsp, OA Cherry Hill dp; Ink: Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay;  Accessories: Doily, 1/2" circle punch, MM edge distresser, Kaisercraft rhinestones (lipstick red, blue grey), M's heart rhinestones, red Sharpie, pink Sharpie, 1 1/4" square punch, May Arts burlap string, glue dots, stampin' dimensionals.

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

i saw this darling card on scs! -your pti card below is so very pretty, too, toni:)

Kristin K. said...

This is so pretty. I like the use of the doily and love your colors.