Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Ways From Thursday

Well, Thursday came and went.  That meant we had a Ways To Use It challenge and Collette was our wonderful hostess.  She challenged folks to find a way to use faux tiles.  Here is what I came up with.  I really do love how it turned out.  I used color pencils to color this little scene and then cut it up.  I then painted crystal effects over the top of each little tile and let it dry.  Then I pieced it back together on some black card stock.  I love the sharp look of it!  I wanted to let the subtle coloring come through so I only used black and white for the rest of the card.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  I did.  I got to have a nice dinner with my hubby on Friday.  I was crafty on Saturday and saw my nephews, parents and grandparents today.  Good times!!

Details: Stamps: Floating Along (MFP); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black; Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black; Accessories:  Top Note die, black gingham ribbon, crystal effects, paper snips, stampin' dimensionals, finial press ef.

No comments: