Monday, January 16, 2012

A Colored Bird

Today, the Friends of Speedy TV are only using their colored pencils.  It felt like a sort of back to basics kind of day, so that is how I made my card.  I did use a Splitcoaststampers sketch to kick off my card.  I liked this sketch because it worked well for my image that I had in mind and seemed to match my interpretation of the challenge.  Then I stamped this pretty little bird on a pussy willow branch from a Mark's Finest Papers set called Pussy Willows for my main panel.  I colored the image with some colored pencils and shaded just a little bit.  I added a sentiment from the same set and a couple of buttons that I threaded with a vanilla paper strip. 

I have the day off today and will be spending it with family.  We are preparing for my husband to leave on a vacation.  I hope you enjoy your day today...you are in my thoughts.

Details - Stamps: Pussy Willows (MFP); Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Le Jardin dsp; Ink: London Fog, Basic Gray; Accessories: Random buttons, stampin' dimensionals, colored pencils.

3 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

Never would I have thought of keeping the bird and leaves a solid blue! FABulous card, I love it!!

Benzi said...

Wow! This is just beautiful. I love bird cards and you did a great job with those pencils.

Runs with Scissors said...

What a great job of color. Beautiful card.