Thursday, May 3, 2012

So late for my Friends

Whoa!   It's been a long time since I posted.  My life has been very busy with things at work really ramping up.  It happens every year and it always catches me off guard.  One year, I will finally be prepared for it!  However, I am prepared for Teacher Appreciation week, which starts on 05/07/12.  Thanks to this week's Friends of Speedy TV challenge to make a May-themed card.  This card will go to my daughter's kindergarten teacher (who also happens to be my co-worker).  I paired up a couple of fabulous Mark's Finest Papers sets to make this card.  I took the ribbon image from Flaps My Wattles and the sentiment from A Walk in the Woods for my card.  I trimmed out the apple, leave and stem and sponged them with matching inks.  Then I colored on my index finger with my white gel pen and created some "shine" on my apple.  I popped my apple up and called it good.  


One more thing before I go, there is a prize up for grabs if you play along with the challenge over at Speedy TV.  It's one of my favorite sets called Pucker Up. Take a look at it.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Flaps My Wattles (MFP), A Walk in the Woods (MFP); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip; Ink: Tuxedo Black, Marina Mist, Real Read, Garden Green; Accessories: paper snips, stampin' sponge, white gel pen, stampin' dimensionals.

2 comments:

Designing with Debbie said...

Cute teacher card. Noone ever thinks about the teachers very often.

Benzi said...

Great card for a teacher and sure to be appreciated. I love the 'shine' on your apple and I always adore dotted paper.