Monday, June 25, 2012

Friends and the Fourth

Happy Monday!  Are you ready for another Friends of Speedy TV challenge?  We have a great one for you.  This week the challenge is to make a 4th of July card.  I had to think and think on this one.  I'm pretty pleased with what I came up with for this challenge.  It's my Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company take on the Grand Old Flag.  I used the polka-dotted ribbon stamp from Flaps My Wattles and then borrowed a portion of a sentiment from Fabulous Dogs!  I did a little trimming, cutting, pasting and embossing and a card was born.
Don't forget that you are playing for a wonderful Mark's Finest Papers stamp set called "Oh Happy Day".  Check it out here:

I hope today kicks off a wonderful week for you!  I'm very excited as this is my first full week out of school.  I have plans to have fun!  Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Flaps My Wattles (MFP), Fabulous Dogs (MFP); Paper: Sweet Tooth White, Basic Black; Ink: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Square Lattice ef, paper snips, stampin' dimensionals.

9 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Clever use of stamps to create your flag for this card. Great 4th of July projct.

Benzi said...

Toni, you really had your thinking cap on for this one. I love how you used the Flaps My Wattles ribbon image for your July 4th card.
Have fun with your freedom...I'm sure you will!

Kate said...

Very clever! Love the texture.

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, just beautiful! Your flag turned out perfectly!

Janine said...

Great card, creative use of sets and a great way to start your break - enjoy!

stampingbowd said...

Super Clever!!!! Great card! We had similar ideas taking the one word sentiment and using a white embossed background!!!

Davi said...

What a wonderful card Toni! I love the texture and how cool using the dotted stamp for the flag :)

febe said...

Simply beautiful card on the stamp and texture. :)

horse racing bets

Julia Ionov said...

Woah! I love the design. Love the texture and the dotted one. Love it! Keep posting please.
web design ventura