Friday, December 14, 2012

Scor-Pal and Core'dinations Extras

Thank goodness that it is Friday!  I have a fun project for you today that goes along with my main project that is being featured on the main Scor-Pal blog.  There have been some really cool projects made this week by Scor-Pal team and the Core'dinations team.  Be sure to check them out!!
 
I wanted to personalize some tags to go on Christmas gifts for a gift exchange with my besties!  You see their initials represented on the tags below. 
I cut down a piece of Core'diantions Core Impressions Pink Paislee Collection Modern Prints to the size of my tag.  Then I die cut the initial from scrap paper and used temporary adhesive to keep it fixed to the tag, face down. 

 Next, I ran it through my Big Shot.  You can see the layered sandwich below.  From the bottom up, you have the multi-purpose platform with no tabs, a cutting plate, the tag, the No More Shims embossing mat and a second cutting plate. 
I wound up with a nicely embossed "L", which I sanded with my Sand It Gadget to reveal the inner core of the paper.  I also sanded the edges of the tag for  a bit of interest.

I rounded the corners of the tags and did a bit more sanding to the corners.
I punched a hole and set an eyelet in my tag for suspending from a gift bag with some gold cording.
Here you see my tag paired up with its corresponding flat back treat box.  Skip on over to the Scor-Pal blog today for detailed instructions on how to make the box. 
Finally, you have one more picture of all the flat backed treat boxes that match up with the tags I showed you at the beginning of my post!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
 
Details - Stamps: Got Treats (SU), Winter Tree (Verve), Ornamental Christmas (Verve); Paper: Core'dinations Core Impression Pink Paislee Collection Modern Prints, Core'dinations Core Essentials Card Stock Neutrals, Sweet Tooth White; Ink: Tuxedo Black, Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, Sand It Gadget, Nestabilities, Word Window punch, paper snips, silver cording, gold cording, glue pen, TE tiny twinkles, stampin' dimensionals, SU rhinestones, glue dots, Stardust Stickles, corner chomper. 

No comments: