Monday, February 11, 2013

Non-Traditional Monday

The Friends of Speedy TV are getting a little non-traditional.  Our challenge this week is to make a non-traditional Valentine.  I think I did it...my little girl looked at it and red it and then said, "Mom, there isn't any red or pink".  I asked her, "What makes it a Valentine?".  She said, "the heat and the words".  A few hours later, I met with a gallery owner who is in need of some handmade cards and brought some of my work to her, including today's card.  It was the first card she picked up and I think she really liked it.  She likes frogs..I had just met her, but I got the impression that she collects them.
So let's see your non-traditional Valentine.  It might just net you a new Mark's Finest Paper stamp set.  This week the stamp set is called Kilt Fun.  It's fabulous, check it out:
Thanks for coming by!
 
Details - Stamps: Garden Art (MFP), Love, Love, Love (MFP); Paper: Favorite Natural (MFP), Old Olive, GKD White, October Afternoon dsp; Ink: Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Heart Framelit Dies, paper snips, sponge dauber, Copic Markers, corner chomper, stampin' dimensionals.


8 comments:

Davi said...

Totally clever and fun Valentine's card!!

Janine said...

It might not be pink but it is cute if you like frogs! Good luck with promoting your cards.

Marisa said...

What a fun twist for a Valentine's Day card :) Well done and lovely touch with the sponging.

Kathy Bradley said...

I love your cute frog in the heart and the pretty green strip of DP - adorable card!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! This is just darling. The frog in the heart is positioned perfectly! I also want to thank you for all sweet comments on my blog. I am always so happy to hear from you! Hugs to you!

stampingbowd said...

Wow!!! That's so awesome that you sold some cards!!! Amazing what you did with that image, placing it on the side of the heart. Fabulous design!

Laurie said...

This is too cute! I love distressed look! Such a fun V-day card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on your win of Laurie's die! Lucky girl you!