Monday, March 18, 2013

News From The Woods & Corn Ears - A Mark's Finest Papers Bonus

Here's comes today's bonus post in order to kick off the March Mark's Finest Paper's Release.  My first card starts us off with a palindrome, a word that is the same spelled backwards.  The palindrome is Mom...or Wow, as it appears in the new stamp set, News From The Woods.  I don't know if there is a special name for a palindrome that creates another palindrome even when it is turned upside down. I routinely examine new sets by turning them upside down and flipping them over (clear stamps are great for that) and that is when I saw "Mom".  While Mother's Day isn't right around the corner, it is coming.  I thought this turned out cute with a sweet little raccoon peeping out from his tree and the heart shaped rhinestones conveying his love!  I have another card featuring News From The Woods up on the Mark's Finest Papers blog today.  You can check it out here
The next set is called Corn Ears.  It's the free set this month with the purchase of all four regular sets being released this month.  You will see later in this week's blog hop just how complimentary this set is to some of the others.  I love this corn image.  It makes me eager to plant my garden.  I just love picking corn just before dinner.  I also don't mind blanching and slicing it off the cob to freeze it for later use.  It's so nice to pull home grown corn out of the freezer in the midst of winter!!  I just want to mention a few details on my card.  I doodled an outline of my corn image and then popped it up off the base.  I embossed my card base and then brayered over the embossing with white craft ink. 

Thanks for stopping by for my second post of the day!  I'll be back with one more later on this evening!

Details - Wonderful Mom - Stamps: News From The Woods (MFP); Paper: Blush Blossom, Very Vanilla; Ink: Rich Cocoa; Accessories: Recollection heart shaped rhinestones, corner chomper, sponge dauber, Copic Markers.  A-maize-ing - Stamps: Corn Ears (MFP); Paper: Marina Mist, GKD White; Ink: Tuxedo Black, White Craft; Accessories: Finial Press embossing folders, Classy Label die (Verve), Copic Markers, Copic multiliner, brayer, So Saffron wide grosgrain ribbon, Scor-Tape, corner chompers, Scor-Pal, stampin' dimensionals.

11 comments:

Kate said...

Great cards! The sets are showcased
beautifully!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wonderful cards! I love both cards - especially the second one with the blue EF'd BG!! Very pretty!

Marisa said...

Love how you flipped the wow into mom! Too fun :) Lovely touch with the inking over the embossed image on the second. Lovely work on both :)

stamping sue said...

Hi Toni, I thought of the wow-mom thing, too but I don't have a mom to do for but it is a cool thing.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Dianne said...

Lovely cards Toni, I love the birch stamp and its perfect with pink, and great background for the corn,thanks for sharing and have a great day..

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely darling! Love the shape and the soft pink surrounding the bunny.

Davi said...

Fab cards, love the mom one and the pretty embossing on the second ;)

stampingbowd said...

Oh Toni! You are such an inspiration!!! These are so lovely!!!! I love your fresh clean designs!!!! I always think, "now why didn't I think of that" when I visit your blog!!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

These are beautiful, but I especially love the birch one!

Cathy Dineen said...

When I saw your 'wow' I thought, now why didn't I think of that? lol. Pretty and perfect! :)

An'Jenic G. said...

Such beautiful cards. Love the use of each one and WOW I love that you put WOW into MOM. I will be using this idea. TFS AJ-