Monday, May 13, 2013

Friends and Home

Good Morning!  Happy Monday to all.  Today I bring news of another Friends of Speedy TV challenge.  This time, it's an inspiration challenge by something in your home.  I received this beautiful box from my boss this past Christmas, you can see the lid in the photo here.  I think you can see how the teardrop shaped jewel inspired my stamp choice on my Clean and Simple card.  What might be harder to see is that I embossed the feather image with a marcasite embossing powder so that it sparkles much like the box as well.  I also inked the sentiment in two colors that picks up the colors of the ribbon and the eye of the peacock feather, like the two colors in the jewel and the beads on the side of the lid.  One more thing, I use Dahlhouse Designs Wanna Sketch #04 on my card. 
 
I'll keep my post short for now as there are a couple of other posts coming today.  Don't forget that Mark's Finest Papers offers up a free stamp set for one lucky participant.  Today's stamp set is called Pet Logic.  Here's a peek:
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Details - Stamps: Be a Showoff (MFP); Paper: Sweet Tooth White; Ink: Versamark, Taken With Teal, Bordering Blue; Accessories: Marcasite embossing powder, heat tool, aqua painter, grosgrain ribbon, scor-tape, paper snips, corner rounder.


4 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

oh my, oh my, oh my! gorgeous cas design and that peacock feather is stunning. LOVE your take on the sketch. Thank you so much for being inspired by Wanna Sketch. Hugs.

Janine said...

Love the box and the way you have imitated it in your card - gorgeous!

Kathy Bradley said...

Toni,
What a gorgeous box - and your card certainly picks up the colors - and it is gorgeous as well!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So pretty - great take on the sketch.