Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dirty Again

I've been on a roll with my card making.  I've been quite inspired by the Dare To Get Dirty challenges and then have been incorporating lots of other challenges too.  All of this means that my garden has been sadly neglected.  This will be just fine, all in the name of balance!  This card was for Bev's Dare To Get Dirty challenge and also for a Flourishes Birthday challenge (Christmas in July).  I stamped and colored my icicle ornaments.  Then I glittered them up with Stickles and pierced holes and tied on the linen thread.  Hindsight would dictate that I should have pierced holes and tied thread first before applying glitter, but my card survived! 

This card was for Kittie's Dare To Get Dirty challenge and another Flourishes Birthday challenge.  This Flourishes challenge was to make a ten minute card and I was really pushing it!  I did get it done!  I worked on some cool techniques here that I will definitely use again.  It was very hard to stamp, color and fussy cut the floral image keep time under ten minutes.  That is the part that took me the longest!

This should have been my ten minute card, but alas it fits the Flourishes Birthday challenge to make a black and white card.  It also fits Sylvia's Dare To Get Dirty challenge.  It might not be polite or modest to say, but I love this card.  I want to make it in a million colors, if only I could find burlap string in all those colors!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  I'll provide the link to my cards in my online gallery to save more time for crafting!
 

3 comments:

Marisa said...

You are definitely covered in dirt LOL! Great job on all the challenges! You go girl :)

Damohicane said...

... "Keep calm & carry on" devrait être la devise de toutes les mamans! Felicitations. Danielle

stampingbowd said...

Stunning cards!!!! I love how your BG turned out on your second one! That was a tough one for me! Yours is Pure elegance! Your glittery ornaments are just gorgeous and I like the way you "tied" them! Love the last card, I can see why you want to make it in all different colors, it's stunning! I think it's quite alright for us to recognize when we make something stunning!!!