Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Friends and ABC (12/02/13)

Hey there!  We have arrived in December and I think this must be where time kicks into overdrive.  The year is completely flying by.  I made this  sweet little box for the current Friends of Speedy TV challenge to make Anything But a Card.  This challenge comes at a great time as this week begins pixie week at work.  I'm taking a little risk in that the staff member for whom I am a pixie could be reading this.  I provided my blog address as additional information for the staff member who drew my name.  While I don't think it's likely that she has my name, I have to admit that it's a possibility.  For this challenge I made a simple 2,5,7,10 box to hold some candy inside.  I chose color purple and navy as those were a couple of favorite colors listed by my pixie person!  Up close, it's quite pretty as I used a Sakura Clear Star gel pen to outline the eye of the feather.  That particular pen adds a bit of sparkle without changing the color drastically.
 
Don't forget that Mark's Finest Papers offers a free stamp set to one lucky participant.  This week, the stamp set being offered is Nature's Brushstrokes mini.  This is a great challenge for getting Christmas gifts done.  Won't you play along?
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Details - Stamps: Be A Showoff (MFP), Holiday Tag (MFP); Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Black Licorice; Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark; Accessories:  Scor-Buddy, Scor-Tape, heat tool, black embossing powder, corner chomper, Sakura clear star gel pen, 1/16" hole punch, 1/8" black taffeta ribbon, silver cording, 1/8" hole punch.


1 comment:

Janine said...

This is so pretty too, great way to give a gift.