Monday, June 2, 2014

Friends and Beach Inspired

Good Monday morning!  Today I offer you a new Friends of Speedy TV challenge with a beach theme.  It ties into the lovely weekend camping trip I took with our family and three other families this weekend.  My beach theme offering is specific to the beaches here in the Pacific Northwest.  We have rocky beaches and most often, the beaches are cold and windy.  This weekend was only a slight exception.  We had plenty of wind, great for kite flying and sleeping (the side of the tent trailer rippled and rippled and lulled me to sleep).  We also had a bit of sun, enough for me to sunburn my hose.  For my card today, I colored my lighthouse and home just like the lighthouse at Fort Casey.  This light house image conveys the rocky beaches of my state, but doesn't imitate the landscaping around the lighthouse where we camping.  I took a little creative license and added some water and resulting spray from all the wind!
 
Let's not forget that Mark's Finest Papers offers a free stamp set to one lucky participant.  This week the set is called Happy Harmony.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!  Here are a couple of shots from this weekend's camping trip. 
Kite Flying
 
Walking through the gun batteries at Fort Casey
 
Details - Stamps: Lighthouses (MFP); Paper: Whisper White, Black Licorice, Poppy Parade, Basic Gray; Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, paper snips, stampin' dimensionals.

1 comment:

Janine said...

I have vivid recollections of the fog rolling in as we went to visit a lighthouse on the Washington coast. Just looked it up - 2003 Lion's Paw Inn at Seaview. Glad you had a good trip and I love the card that links to that. Very nicely done.