Monday, June 9, 2014

Friends and Red, White and Blue (06/09/14)

Good Morning!  It's Monday and time for another Friends of Speedy TV challenge.  Today's challenge is to use red, white and blue and I opted to make a card that didn't scream patriotism.  I was inspired to use this cute snowman from Please Snow.  This set will be releasing this week and is totally cute!  Of course, my red is this snowman's cold weather gear, the blue is the clear sky behind him and the white is the snow!  My card is clean and simple in my normal style.  I embossed and worked within the oval shape and then rounded a couple of corners.  This will be perfect for me in late fall to send to my dear sister in Florida.  That seems to be the time of year when she misses our Washington weather. 
 
In other news, today is the last Monday of the school year for me.  Next Monday, I will be a footloose and fancy free gal.  I'll be working in my garden and playing with my 8 year old non-stop.  I can't wait.  Plus, this is the time of year at school when we are busy in the most fun kind of way.
 
Let's not forget, Mark's Finest Papers offers up a stamp set for one lucky participant.  This week, the set up for grabs is USA Heros. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Details - Stamps: Please Snow (MFP); Paper: Choice Snow White (TE); Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Nestabilities, Copic Markers, corner chomper.
 


2 comments:

Davi said...

Great use of the colors Toni! Made a really pretty Christmas card!

Lynn Noe said...

That snowman is super cute and I love the CAS design, really shows it off!