Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Friends and Triangles and Numbers

Hello and happy Tuesday!  I have a couple of cards to share with you.  This first card was for the Friends of Speedy TV challenge to create a triangle card.  I really like that I was able to allow my gladiolas to extend over the top side of the triangle.  I used a little faux stitching to add some interest.  I stamped my butterfly once on paper and then a second time on acetate.  Then, I pressed my acetate onto my paper and came up with  a mirror image butterfly for the opposite side of the flower.  I did have to trace over the lines of the mirror image butterfly so it would be as dark as the original.  The gladiolas were really fun to color and then I added the white centers back in with a gel pen.  The Happy Birthday sentiment comes from the same set, Glad Glads.

This card was for another Friends of Speedy TV challenge to create a card with numbers.  This challenge had perfect timing in that my daughter had a party to attend and we could personalize the card for the birthday girl.  I borrowed a sketch from the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge.  The sketch had the perfect place for the number!  I added a couple of mice (from Yikes a Mouse) to look at the message and gave the little mouse a lift on a mushroom (from Fairies) .  I bent my Happy Birthday sentiment from Out of Time around in a semi-circle on my block and then stamped on my circle layer.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  Be sure to pop in next week as there are new stamps coming from MFP Stamp Shop!

Details - Triangle Glads - Stamps: Glad Glads (MFP); Paper: Snow Storm Smooth (MFP), MME Dolled Up dp; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Copic Multiliner, Copic Markers, paper snips.  Mouse Birthday - Stamps: Yikes a Mouse (MFP), Fairies (MFP), Out of Time (MFP); Paper: Snow Storm Smooth (MFP), Pear Pizzazz, Going Gray, Blushing Bride, SU dp; Ink: Tuxedo Black, Basic Gray, Versafine White; Accessories: Seeing Spots embossing folder, Memory Box Typewriter Numbers die, Kaisercraft rhinestones, baby brayer, glue pen, corner chomper, paper snips, stampin' dimensionals, Copic Markers, Touch Twin Markers, Copic Multiliner.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Glad you added these to your blog - both are lovely cards