Thursday, September 8, 2016

Using Hexagons

Today's Ways to Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers is all about using hexagons!  I'm not today's hostess, but Sabrina is.  Be sure to check out all of the amazing cards that have been made with hexagons. 

For my card, I stamped the hexagon background first and then sponged the edges of the background.  I hit it with a sentiment and then stamped my butterflies.  I used a technique called thumping.  After inking up the butterflies, I used a darker blue to tap or thump along the edges of the wings.   I matted my focal panel and then laid it against the vanilla card base.  It looked a little too clean, so I sponged the edges of the base too. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Honeycomb (Flourishes), Artist in You (Unity), Dandelion Dreams (Skipping Stones Designs); Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip; Ink: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Island Indigo; Accessories: sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: