Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ways to Use Tea or T

This week's Ways To Use It challenge is being hosted by Sabrina this week and she has challenged us to use "tea" or "T" on our card.  My last post also brought you a pink creation, so you could correctly guess that this was an item that went into the "tickled pink" basket for our school secretary.  

I don't know about you, but I always misjudge the size of this darling pillow box die.  I always think it is bigger than it really is.  Anyhoo, I painted a paper doily with my brewed tea and then let it dry.  While it was drying, I embossed my card stock and then brayed some Versamark over the top.  I was going for a soft look, so I thought tone on tone would do it.  

I embellished with half of a doily, burlap twine and a die cut 11 medallion to fit my sentiment. I had to get creative and stamp it on the other half of the tea dyed doily.  Then I trimmed it to fit my pillow box.

Thanks for looking!

Details - Stamps: Perfect Words (SU); Paper: Blushing Bride; Ink: Soft Suede, Versamark; Accessories: tea, paper doily (SRM), May Arts burlap twine, Spellbinder circle nestabilities, pillow box die (SU), fluttering embossing folder, brayer, Scor-tape, glue dot.

No comments: